zondag 24 juni 2012

Two bags for two special people

One of my nephews reads lots and lots of Manga books. Last year when he visited us, I thought it was time to make a bag for the books to protect them. A year later it is finally finished. 12 thin books fit into it and 8 thick ones. Emo, I hope you like it! 

Een van mijn neven leest heel veel Manga boeken. Ik vond dat het tijd werd, een tas te maken om ze erin te doen. Een jaar later is de tas dan eindelijk af. Er kunnen 12 dunne en 8 dikke boekjes in. Emo, hopelijk vind je de tas mooi!


The process: the making of four inside bags.
Het proces: het maken van vier binnentasjes.

The four inside bags sewn together with the Japanes fabric for the outside.
De vier binnentasjes aan elkaar genaaid met de uitgekozen Japanse stof voor de buitenkant. 

 Made to fit.
Gemaakt zodat het past.

One side
Een kant 

The other side with pocket for iPod and other things.
De andere kant met zakje voor iPod en andere spulletjes. 

From above
Van bovenaf 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

And here is the other bag I made over the last two weeks. While we were in California last year, I was able to get hold of a Sue Zipkin's Gone Haunting FQ bundle. Love it! And, since Sue doesn't sew, I asked her if I could make a bag for her. So here it is. And, of course combined with linen. To the bag I added a small pencil case and ...

En hier is nog een tas. Toen we vorig jaar in California waren, heb ik een FQ bundle gevonden van Sue Zipkin: Gone Haunting. Zo leuk! En omdat Sue niet naait, heb ik gevraagd of ik haar een tas mocht maken. Hier is die dan. Natuurlijk moest ik het met linnen combineren. Ik heb nog een etuitje erbij gemaakt en ...


... a phone cover.  
... een hoesje voor haar mobiel. 

Instead of sewing the corners to the inside and cut them off, I put them on the outside and fastened them with a covered button. I was inspired by this bag.
De hoeken van de bodem heb ik niet naar binnen genaaid, maar heb ik naar buiten laten komen. Ze zijn vastgenaaid met een zelfgemaakte stoffen knoop. Ik ben door deze tas geïnspireerd geraakt.

The inside has a little zip bag. 
Aan de binnenkant zit zelfs een zakje met een rits.


This week I won't be showing my Zakka project, because it is going to New Zealand, to keep someone's hands warm.
Deze week laat ik mijn Zakka project niet zien, omdat het naar Nieuw Zeeland gaat, om iemands handen warm te houden. 




"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."
- Rosalia de Castro


22 opmerkingen:

ria vogelzang zei

Wow,Simone! Wat een prachtige tassen!
Liefs, Ria.

Abby and Stephanie zei

Next thing you know you'll be designing your own bag patterns. Love both of them. I do love how you did the corners of the linen bag. Allison and I were out shopping and saw something similar and it gave me an idea.

Ulla zei

The book bag look cool for a boy, and the other bag is very pretty and clever.

Rena zei

Liebe Simone ,
deine Idee ,eine Tasche für die Mangas zu nähen, ist großartig , aber auch die 2. Tasche sieht sehr hübsch aus !

wünsche dir einen guten Start in die neue Woche

liebe Grüße
Rena

Susan zei

Both bags are great, but the button detail on the second one is very clever!

KaHolly zei

That first bag is very, very clever!! The second bag is just beautiful. You so such professional work. Very nice.

Bev C zei

Hello Simone,

Love the bag you made for your nephew, he must have given you a big hug for making that.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries zei

Oh Simone such perfect bags you have made...I am drooling...and what a very clever idea with the button!

Kiwifruit-Shiree zei

you are making some very fun projects Simone!

Jossie zei

Weer twee mooie tassen. Vooral die voor je neefje vind ik te gek. Super idee om alles overzichtelijk op te bergen.

Tracy zei

You make such wonderful bags, Simone! That book bag is very clever and love the blue outer cloth. And your bag for Sue is terrific, too--love all the pockets, and especially that inner zipped pocket--well done! :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Nat Palaskas zei

All your bags are great. You are very professional with them. A great gift!

hetty zei

I love both bags! Wow! A trip to New Zealand! How wonderful. Have a great time.

Satu zei

Both bags look very practical! You make always amazing bags with interesting details, Simone!

Debbie zei

wow - they are both so awesome!! Good going!

Just-Do zei

Ze zijn weer allebei prachtig. Om de hoeken van de tas met een knoopje vast te zetten vind ik een vondst en het ziet er nog leuk uit ook.

Dolores zei

Lovely bags. I particularly like the book bag. I do hope your nephew likes it.

Houseelf zei

Lovely bag ideas. I'm sure your nephew appreciates keeping his books safe. What a sweet bag for Sue. I'm sure she loves it.

Anoniem zei

What can I say, I am blown away by your kindness and generosity. You have created 2 amazing bags, and I am so grateful that you made that for me. What an absolutely beautiful way to combine the fabric and the linen, I can't wait to see it in person, thank you so much for your kindness!!!!!! I will cherish it always. Hugs Sue Z

Binsa zei

Hello Simone, enjoyed seeing your latest projects...Hugs, O'faigh

Grethe zei

Yes,you`re the best;great bags!
I`m sure Sue was excited as well as Emo. Great ideas :-)

Health is Wealth zei

Apna Showroom Baby's Cotton Socks (Multicolour, 6-12 Months) - Designer - Fancy - Attractive
Apna Showroom Designer Baby Girl's Woolen Sweater Skirt Frock Dress (for 18-24 Months) (kvjjvkvj_Rose_227))
Apna Showroom Baby Kids Winter Sweater (6-12 Month) with desent Look
Apna Showroom Designer Baby Girls Fancy Skirt Frock Dress 2-3 Years Pinkwith desent Look
Apna Showroom Designer Baby Girl's Cotton Fancy Skirts Combo - (Pink Color, 0-6-12-18-24 Months 2-3-4 Years)
Apna Showroom Fancy Dress for Baby Girls 6-12 Months or 1 years baby girls fancy Pink Skirt Frock with desent Look
Apna Showroom Fancy Dress for Baby Girls 6-12 Months or 1 years baby girls fancy White with Red flower Skirt Frock with desent Look

back to top